Saturday, March 8, 2014

Julie.

Well, I feel like life just punched me in the heart again. I'll start at the beginning though.
I had a big ward breakfast to put on yesterday and I wasn't having a very good attitude about it. So I decided to call my mom and vent to her about how the plates were not St. Patrick's Day-y. Make me sound super mature right?
Well, she listened but was a little bit quiet. I chalked that up to it being 7:15 her time, but then she said, "Well, I have some very sad news." She then proceeded to tell me my beautiful Aunt Julie, her cousin, had a massive brain aneurysm and passed away at the age of 34. But there's more. She passed away on the 13th anniversary of her brother Joel succumbing to melanoma, which also is ther dad's birthday. I fell to the floor and my mom said, "No Camille you can't fall apart now!" So I stood back up and went outside to scrape the ice off my car to bring things to my helpers. I still had tears running down my face but held it in until I saw Brandon pulling up from the gym. And you know how that always goes. I ran over to him, threw the door open, and proceeded to squeak my tale. I was not following my mom's orders and was COMPLETELY falling apart. Brandon, to his credit, got me in the car and away from other people's gazes, and got the things I needed at the store for me. I then went to the church, put a smile on, and had a successful ward breakfast. But, from the moment my mom told me on, I didn't care about plates. The stupid theme was just thy- meaningless. I was brought to my knees so fast, physically and spiritually, that nothing else mattered. I'm continually reminded of what's important, and I plan on trying to remember that.
Our family has a special reminder of Julie, and his name is:
We got Murphy from Julie when he was a little puppy, and we will treasure him (more) now that he's our special reminder. 
Julie was such a wonderful part of our family. She came to all our events, and supported EVERYONE. Not easy when there's 55 on our side, and then her own nieces and nephews. But she did, and she showed us how much she loved us. She was married to a wonderful man Jason, and the light of her life was her almost 2 year old Gavin. He was a hoot and a half, and he loved his mom so.
So, we will always love you Julie. Gavin was so lucky to have you for the 2 years he did, and you're his guardian angel. Enjoy your time with Joel, and we miss you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment