Am I seriously doing this again? Yes, yes I am.
Luckily, there are more than 300 elementary schools in the two districts nearest where we will live in Miami. We are looking at a town named Aventura (or "adventure" in Spanish... how exotic!), because that's where a lot of grad school students live and it's safe, which is my biggest concern.
So, I've started to look at places to apply. Since the Miami-Dade school district has 195 elementary schools and the Broward County school district has 135 elementary schools (not counting charter schools and private schools), I can't apply to all of them. Nor do I want to. So I'm coming up with a system to determine where I'll live.
Step 1) I've been looking up the schools and how far away they are from Aventura. I'm only writing down the schools within half an hour, because I don't want to commute an hour if I can commute 5 minutes. Don't worry about a shortage of schools, I've found about 150. I'm also looking at the school's populations, because if I'm going to teach Special Ed I'm not going to do it at a school of 1100 students.
2) Once I'm done with that, I'm going to look at the "Crime Map" app for which schools are in safe areas. Again, I am not going to apply to a school that is in a dangerous area.
3) After that, I'm going to start sending out resumes! I'm excited about this, because I actually feel confident about the experience I have this time. I can handle anything after this year... phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment