So I was listening to the radio and heard an ad that Phillip Phillips was coming to town on the 15th. He's a winner of American Idol, and while Brandon and I don't know his stuff very well we've liked what we've heard. So I texted him just mentioning it, and he said he had already bought tickets! He was going to surprise me, but decided to tell me since he had just shot down my "babymoon" idea (another story).
So we were excited! It was at Hard Rock Live, at the Hard Rock Casino in Hollywood. And no, we didn't have to go into the casino to get to the show thank goodness.
Our seats were up at the top (obviously, we wouldn't pay for closer), which gave us a good view of the whole stand. It's not like I could be in a pit right now anyways.
They had an unknown band opening for them, which turned out to be much better than expected! So we recommend people check out Saints of Valory.
And Phillip Phillips was exactly as we expected. He was excellent! He sounds just like his songs. Which is so refreshing in a world of auto-tune.
As I said, we don't really know his music that well. But we listened to his music all week, which helped a tiny bit. And the songs we did know we sang out!
One of the fun parts of Hard Rock is you get to see guitars signed by some of the greats. I got a picture with Bon Jovi's guitar:
And Brandon got a picture with Garth Brooks' guitar. That says a lot about our personalities.
So that ended our crazy weekend of worldly activities and spending money. We don't have many other big plans for a while, but the Dolphins game and concert were 2 things on our baby bucket list.
(We don't like taking selfies, but thought it might be good to have a picture with the 2 of us for this occasion.)






No comments:
Post a Comment