Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pregnancy is not dignified, Part 2

As mentioned, I've struggled with this. Not only the sickness, but the fear before every appointment that I would be told my sickness proved too much for the baby and we lost it. And THEN the guilt of feeling like this, because I had wanted so badly to be pregnant!! And I still do, obviously. I don't feel like there's anything better I could be doing... I just wish there was a better way of doing it.
So today I read this article, and it has some passages that are word for word what I have felt.
I think the pregnancy "glow" is a load of hooey. As we speak I'm freezing my buns off because we have the A/C at full blast to keep the smell of the neighbor's cooking out of our apartment. My nose is so sensitive that I gag whenever I smell their diverse and multicultural meals.
See this? THIS is pregnancy glow.
My lowered immune system gave me an infection on my face, which caused my right cheek to swell up. I had to get it lanced today and an antibiotic. Cute right?
But anyway, Brandon and I had a great moment where he gave me a blessing last week. I was at the end of my rope and needed help. I won't say everything, obviously, but one thing he said really stuck out to me that I think could help pregnant women who are feeling like me everywhere. I was told that I have physically never been closer to the Savior, because of the sacrifices I am being required to make. And to think of the love I already have for this child because I am literally sacrificing myself for it. Now I always cry when Brandon gives me blessings, but ESPECIALLY this time. As miserable as I am at least once a day, what a reminder I have! The little kicks and squirms I have been feeling lately are just a reminder of the sacrifice I am making. And I believe that any mother makes it, no matter the pregnancy. But I just needed an extra reminder of it this time around! Hopefully I get the message quickly so I don't need as much next time right?
Back to my midnight snack. We've got a squirmy little thing that is always hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment