I've made it to 25 weeks.
Fortunately things are getting less "less dignified". I haven't gotten sick in over a month hallelujah!
Fortunately things are getting less "less dignified". I haven't gotten sick in over a month hallelujah!
I'm definitely getting nervous about everything we need to get done and buy before the baby comes. She could be born any time in the next 15 weeks, which is an alarming thought!
We've been buying some clothes and books for her, but I don't have any idea of what else I need to do.
I've finally gained back all the weight I lost in the first trimester. I'm trying to tell myself that it's GOOD to watch my weight climb on the scale. I've cut out candy (for now), which has helped me to not gain a ton. Also, since my belly has popped out, I wish I had counted how many people have congratulated me on my pregnancy or said "I didn't even know! Are you 3 months?" Nope, just 6.
(I feel like my face looks super bloated here, but Brandon assured me it was the wind blowing my hair around. Note the cruise ship in the background of the grainy sunset picture.)
Some signs of where I'm at in pregnancy-
I'm pretty sure I could be a dragon right now. Heartburn is killer! I feel like I should smell like smoke, because I feel like I'm on fire every night when I go to bed.
I've had some hip pain while sleeping. By hip pain, I mean it feels like my hips have broken off. That will be fun for the next few months.
But, my favorite thing is feeling this little girl dance all day every day.
And all night. This is our theme song:
In fact, when I pulled that song up she stopped dancing to listen (I'm guessing). I guess we have a KISS fan on our hands!
When I lay down to sleep at night, she will start dancing. The other night, I felt her kicking the mattress on my left side. I rolled to my other side, and felt some movement before she started kicking the mattress on my right side. This happened 5 or 6 times. What the heck are we going to do when she's actually here?!
Whenever I sit down to read a book, she goes the craziest. So I just end up watching her ripple across my stomach and headbutt me. She will still get shy when I want Brandon to feel her kicking, but he has been able to see her moving a lot. It's still the most incredible thing to watch.

No comments:
Post a Comment