Well, since Brandon's back at school (wahhhh!), I thought I'd do exactly what he told me not to do and brag talk about how well he did last semester.
We have been told since he got accepted into PA school that the first semester would be the hardest. We are still hoping that is true. Because after last semester, you would think he could do anything but we are having a baby right before his finals week! So the adventures never stop.
But when I found out I was pregnant just as his semester was starting, I had no idea that meant I would be basically out of the running for an entire semester. This semester, I've made a resolve to be much better about being productive and contributing to this household. But Brandon picked up the slack, and as hard as I knew it was for him he really did not blame me.
In addition to my being sick, Brandon was called as the Ward Mission Leader in our ward. I found out yesterday that they've never called a grad student to be the WML because it is such a time consuming calling. Naturally. But he really has never complained about it. He hasn't been able to do 100% of his calling, because there aren't enough hours in the day to do that and be a balanced student, but he has stretched himself to make sure he can get done what needs to get done.
I think that because he has taken on all this without putting anyone else at fault, and with a positive attitude, he did as well as he did. Because he got a 4.0! Thank goodness. He is the epitome of "Be prepared and ye shall not fear". From day 1 he made sure to set aside a few hours a day to study, and by the time finals came around he wasn't cramming to make sure he got the absolute best grade possible because his final grade depended on it. No, he went in with a clear conscience knowing that he needed to get above a B (or C, or D, whatever) to get an A in the class. Granted, he got A's on all his finals but he was not overly stressed out about it. He had already built up such a padding that he didn't need to pull any all nighters to make sure he was ok.
I'm proud of how hard he has worked so far, and I know he will work hard this semester too. He did say that he will have a harder time studying for finals this semester, because he'll just be thinking about the baby coming. I'll keep pushing him to study, but I'll secretly enjoy that.
No comments:
Post a Comment