We didn't have many plans for New Year's Eve. Let's be honest, it's kind of a boring holiday when you don't drink or party and whatnot. So we were just going to get Chinese food and watch a movie and call it good.
Brandon went to a baptism for an investigator (I had just gotten home from picking someone up at the airport, so I stayed home because of a headache), and on his way home heard an ad for the Orange Bowl. We hadn't realized it was just at the Dolphins stadium, which is 5 miles from our house. He came home and looked up tickets. THREE DOLLARS. He asked me if I wanted to go, and I said sure so we headed out. I wasn't expecting a ton on the location of our seats, but here we were:
11th row back, right behind Georgia Tech's end zone. It was fantastic. We ha someone take our picture to prove we were there.
Before the game they had parachuters come in with the flags, and the national anthem was sung by an up and coming artist, Christina Grimmie. She was really good.
The two marching bands performed before the game, and it was insane how big Mississippi State's band was!
The halftime show was by "Little Big Town", a country band. My favorite part was that amongst their huge group of backup dancers there was a girl who seemed to have a low functioning disability of some sort. It made me so happy to know that they included her, even though she didn't really participate. That is inclusion!
It was a pretty exciting game. Georgia Tech stomped on Mississippi State. Here you can see just how close we got.
I mean, I enjoyed it and I'm not even into football. Brandon was in hog heaven, jumping up and down and screaming. I was wearing my gold jacket so we ended up just rooting for Georgia. I'm glad we did, because they were really good!
We left with about 10 minutes to go, because Georgia was up 49-27 so we figured we wouldn't miss the comeback of the century. Right at we came over the Intercoastal Waterway the clock struck 12, and we saw tons of fireworks going off over the ocean. We parked in our parking lot and ran (yes, I ran. And only felt like I was going to explode a little.) to the Trump towers to watch the fireworks on the beach. We had Cherry 7Up because it was easier to open than Martinelli's, and drank some on the beach as all the rich tourists lit their fireworks.
And just like that it's 2015! I told Brandon it feels extra surreal this New Year, because we are having a baby in a few months. Now we are having a baby THIS year! What the heck.











No comments:
Post a Comment