Friday, May 15, 2015

1 month- I never want to forget

Well, our tiny girl is almost a month old. I can't believe that a month ago she was still sitting in my belly, getting ready to make her grand appearance!
(Seriously, so tiny.)
I will write some more after her 1 month appointment on Wednesday, but for now...
Some things I don't want to forget:
-Her favorite place to sleep. Cora would rather sleep on our chests than anywhere else. I absolutely love it, and have a hard time putting her down. She has even slept on my chest a few times after early morning feedings in bed (on accident- oops!). Every time she does that, I am reminded of that first night, after her first bath, when she slept on my chest and I just stared at this tiny face sleeping on me. And then I think of having a 2 year old who can't sleep anywhere but on our chests and I put her in her swing/bed/chair to help her get used to it. But I still watch her while she sleeps. When she gets on your shoulder or chest, she scrunches up as tight as she can. This comes with its own series of grunts, which are hilarious. Someone asked me if she was premature the other day while I was carrying her after an unsuccessful walk... umm no, she's just little. I think it didn't help that she was scrunched up so tight you could barely see her feet sticking out.
-The noises. To quote the Grinch, "All the NOISE, NOISE, NOISE, NOISE!" Seriously though, newborns aren't quiet. There are squeaks, squeals and squawks; grunts, growls and groans. I know long before she wakes up because of her noises. She will sometimes cry out in the night, which usually means her stomach is bothering her. But it never stops me from jumping up to make sure she hasn't fallen out of her crib or something.
She has startled herself awake with her little noises. That first week we had her home, she would make growling sounds accidentally and give us a startled look, like "What was that?"
And now that she has found her voice, she has SURE found her voice! Newborns do NOT have a tiny kitten cry when they are mad. She sounds like a full on angry person. Luckily that's just for a short time during the day... and night.
-Her faces. She is hilarious. I love her little furrowed brow:
The faces she makes in the car seat:
How suspicious she looks:
The way she reallllly tries to smile:
The face she makes when you move her while she's sleeping:

And have I mentioned that she has red hair?? That is another thing I don't want to forget. Chances are she will be blonde when she's older, but for now I will love this orange goodness.

 -The way she always has her hands up by her face.






She always looks like she's doing tai chi or something... when there's music playing she looks like she's conducting.
Seriously. So cute.
She's quite the cute baby. We get stopped all the time. I don't mind people commenting if they DON'T TOUCH.
(On a side note, I'm glad I'm half my pregnancy weight down from this picture... swell city.)

4 comments:

  1. So adorable Camille!! Congratulations! I wish we lived closer so I could see her in person. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christie!! We ARE going to be in Oakley the first week of August, maybe you guys should plan a San Fran trip then!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness Camille. This just makes my heart so full. I wish I could meet her so badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea!! I wish you could meet her soon! We can find some time to meet up when we are on the West Coast... Porter was smaller than this when we moved if you can believe that!

      Delete