Wednesday, May 18, 2016

3 Giullians in Washington D.C.- Part 3

Day 2 in DC! Our first stop was Ford's Theater. We were really bummed that you had to stand in a huge line to get tickets, but it was raining and we figured it probably wasn't a child-friendly place anyway.
 This is the house across the street that they rushed Lincoln to when he was shot (the pink one). It was weird how sad I felt to be standing there. Knowing that a great man was shot in one spot and died in the other... just kind of a serious place.
 Our next stop was National Archives. While we were looking at the documents I asked if there was a secret map on the back. None of the guards laughed. I thought about saying I was going to steal the Declaration of Independence, but I wanted to leave with my family.
You can't take pictures inside, and it was pouring rain. So this is what we got.
 I can't stop laughing at this picture. Brandon isn't ACTUALLY that mad, this was not the best shot. But Cora was actually that mad! 

Right by the National Archives was the Museum of Natural History. So that's where we went next. Cora was starving and we forgot lunch in the car (because we are prepared parents) so Brandon had to run back to put more quarters in the parking meter and then bring the food back. Poor Cora had had it with us and almost fell asleep in my arms. Which she never does in public, because she wants to watch everyone and everything. Poor baby. But after lunch all was forgiven.
She LOVED the elephant.
 Brandon indoctrinating her to the ways of the hippo.
 They even had an Iceland exhibit! (WIN)
 This is monumental. Cora has literally NEVER fallen asleep in her stroller. Luckily she had her Elmo to watch her while she slept.
 Camel. Har har har.
 T-Rex and a sleeping baby still.
Hope Diamond. Louis XIV cut it down to less than HALF its original size. How wasteful!
 Our next stop was to the Air and Space Museum. We walked right by the original Smithsonian Institution.
 Replica of the moon lander machine.

 Amelia Earhart's airplane.
 This is a replica of a picture we got of Bethany when she was about 3. She did NOT want to touch the moon rock.



Poor Cora. That night when she was drinking her bottle, she threw up everywhere. I think she was just so exhausted from not being able to nap well for like 5 days. My mommy guilt went into over drive!
Next up, day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment