The first half of May was pretty uneventful. Which is a good thing!
It started with a walk on the beach that turned into watching a helicopter and about 8 police boats on the move watching out for something. We didn't find out what it was. Drugs? Immigration? Always exciting!
Cora has become quite the dancer!
We do occasional runs as a family. It always makes for fun times,
And it is always SO hot so Brandon sweats a ton!
Cora hates when I got to the bathroom. Look at this!
Cora is obsessed with drinking out of my Camelback water bottle.
So we got her her own little straw sippy cup! She LOVES it.
Don't worry she isn't tired.
Cora really struggled with learning to fall asleep on her own after we got back from California. Even though this was weeks ago! So one day Brandon got home early and sent me out because I was losing my mind. I went and read at the beach. Heavenly.
We do fun things too! Cora still LOVES the swings.
These are vintage shoes that I used to wear. She loved them because they helped her get further up the slide.
For Mother's Day I told Brandon that I wanted to run a 5k. The only problem was that they were all on Sunday (obviously), and I didn't want to spend $30+ a person to run a race virtually. So on the Saturday before Mother's Day Brandon told me to start hydrating (which means a run). I went to change and came out to Cora wearing this felt medal that said 5k. Brandon knows I love collecting my medals. I squealed and said it was the cutest thing. Then we went on a 5k run! It had a beautiful view and was so thoughtful of Brandon to remember.
We live in an unconventional ward, so it makes sense that we would have an unconventional Mother's Day party with a DJ and strobe lights. They don't do things half way!
Mother's Day with this one is great! I guess we look alike.
Brandon made pork chops and an Asian salad for dinner. It was fantastic. We rarely get red meat because it's more expensive than chicken, so this was a real treat!
Cora is pretty naughty during story time at the library. It's hilarious!
So really quick, note the amount of food on the ground and the look of regret on Cora's face.
We figured Cora was having major separation anxiety and couldn't fall asleep because she was so freaked out, so we introduced Rabies the raccoon and Wiggly Bun Bun the bunny. She loves sleeping with them.
We are starting the "puppy dog" stage where she stands and begs whenever we have food out.
We move in December. There are so many reasons why I can't wait to, but so many reasons I know I will miss it so much!
The app Snapchat has some pretty funny filters you can turn on, that show up on your face.
In the day of social media, anything you do as a parent (or person) can and will be judged. Well, here you go guys! I let my daughter ride backwards in her stroller! I will add that I never take my hands off the stroller when she's like this, and if she makes ANY movement to stand I turn her around and strap her down. So no I'm not fully ready to turn myself in to the mommy blogs.
Megan, Ashlee and I are competing in a virtual event where you run (or walk) 100 miles in 60 days. Right now I am trying to get 100 miles of running in... but since it is so hot I MAY end up adding my walking miles in at the end if I haven't run enough.
Sleeping with Bun and Rabies. My heart.
So as you can see we didn't do too many things, because we were preparing for our big trips!
No comments:
Post a Comment