So, the mystery place we went? Logan!
As mentioned before, we changed our location. As we were using less gas to get there and back as it would to just get to Vernal, we had more money in our budget for a place to stay. I looked up hotels in Logan, and I didn't think any of them looked that cool. Brandon suggested a "Bed and Breakfast", which I thought sounded kind of yucky. However, we found this sweet deal.
I have a strict "Taking pictures of Hotel Rooms is Gross" policy, so I'll just show you the website's version of the room we stayed in. Not bad, eh??
I have a strict "Taking pictures of Hotel Rooms is Gross" policy, so I'll just show you the website's version of the room we stayed in. Not bad, eh??
I've always wanted to check out a themed suite. If we had wanted to pay more we could have gotten a "Swiss Family Robinson" suite. But that's not necessary for one year.
I will say that when we got there we had this:
complimentary chilled cider (because we're in Utah, obviously)
and cheesecake! (The water was 1.50 a bottle so we didn't touch that)
The only thing about our room was that it was unnerving to walk into the bathroom and have a panther staring at you... go look at the website to see it.
So I'll back up to that morning. Brandon got home at 3, which was about the time I went to bed. I was so excited to go! It was like Christmas Eve or the night before my birthday all over again. So neither of us had slept much that night. I loved it though. Brandon then got up earlier that morning though, and made me breakfast. Just because he's the best.
(Note: I don't eat a lot of breakfast ever, and he knew that. So he just got a little bit of what he knew I would like.)
Asiago bagel and bacon... two of my favorite breakfast foods!
I didn't want him to spend a lot of money, but I love that he still was thoughtful enough to get me a rose.
Then we were on our way!
We got there about 12:30, and we couldn't check in until 3. So we got some lunch at good old Panda Express, and sat at the Logan tabernacle's lawn... I didn't think to get a picture of the outside but I did get a picture of the impressive pipe organ inside.
The room was sweet that we were in! But I was tired (neither of us had slept the night before, I was too excited to go and Brandon was working, obviously) so we napped there. Then, we walked to a cafe that Alyse had recommended to us through Tommy and his family. It was the Bluebird cafe.
It's an old style cafe, and has some GREAT food. We got rolls, cheese sticks, Chicken cordon bleu soup, steamed vegetables, and I got salmon and mashed potatoes. Brandon got chicken alfredo. I've been cutting back on not drinking soda, and have been doing pretty well. However, they have an old fountain with a type of soda that is no longer produced called "Ironport", so I decided to try it. It was SO good! I recommend it to anyone who gets a chance to try it. Our waitress was kind enough to take a picture for us, and even gave us free cheesecake because it was our anniversary.
We left her a big tip. We left so full we could hardly roll back to our place.
The next day, we got woken up by this:
Complimentary breakfast? Yes please! We even were able to choose our own breakfast. We both got ham and cheese croissants, hot cocoa, and juice. He got apple and I got orange.
When it was time to check out, we went over to the temple (.3 miles away, by Google Maps calculations). For anyone who's keeping track, that's 9 temples for us. While we were in there, we told them it was our first anniversary. They gave us the "multiply and replenish the Earth" talk. I just smiled and said "Thanks!"
Funny story about that... as we were leaving, I was walking out to the front because I had to meet him. I knew he was going to be out front, but I wasn't expecting to see him surrounded by 6 giggling women who looked about the age of his residents. I saw him, and he said, "Well, there she is!" He told me later that they wanted him to drive them to the Brigham City temple open house. He just attracts those women.
We finally got a picture. Unfortunately, our "photographer" was about the age of those same women so he didn't get the whole temple in the picture. But it's fine.
My hair is so long... Just saying.
It's such a beautiful temple!
I love it.
After the temple, we were thinking of other things to do. We drove up to the Utah State campus, but I was immediately confused by how many students were running around. I did get one picture of the tower on campus as we were driving away, however:
We drove there and back through Preston, Idaho. However, it didn't REALLY look like Napoleon Dynamite. Ok, yes it did. But I didn't get any pictures. However, I did get this one:
If you zoom in...
Cool, huh? I thought it was at least. It's right outside of Preston.
Overall, what a great way to spend our first anniversary! We've loved this first year, and I can only hope that the second year is as good as this one. And now it's back to real life... dang it.
I will say that when we got there we had this:
complimentary chilled cider (because we're in Utah, obviously)
and cheesecake! (The water was 1.50 a bottle so we didn't touch that)
The only thing about our room was that it was unnerving to walk into the bathroom and have a panther staring at you... go look at the website to see it.
So I'll back up to that morning. Brandon got home at 3, which was about the time I went to bed. I was so excited to go! It was like Christmas Eve or the night before my birthday all over again. So neither of us had slept much that night. I loved it though. Brandon then got up earlier that morning though, and made me breakfast. Just because he's the best.
(Note: I don't eat a lot of breakfast ever, and he knew that. So he just got a little bit of what he knew I would like.)
Asiago bagel and bacon... two of my favorite breakfast foods!
I didn't want him to spend a lot of money, but I love that he still was thoughtful enough to get me a rose.
Then we were on our way!
We got there about 12:30, and we couldn't check in until 3. So we got some lunch at good old Panda Express, and sat at the Logan tabernacle's lawn... I didn't think to get a picture of the outside but I did get a picture of the impressive pipe organ inside.
The room was sweet that we were in! But I was tired (neither of us had slept the night before, I was too excited to go and Brandon was working, obviously) so we napped there. Then, we walked to a cafe that Alyse had recommended to us through Tommy and his family. It was the Bluebird cafe.
It's an old style cafe, and has some GREAT food. We got rolls, cheese sticks, Chicken cordon bleu soup, steamed vegetables, and I got salmon and mashed potatoes. Brandon got chicken alfredo. I've been cutting back on not drinking soda, and have been doing pretty well. However, they have an old fountain with a type of soda that is no longer produced called "Ironport", so I decided to try it. It was SO good! I recommend it to anyone who gets a chance to try it. Our waitress was kind enough to take a picture for us, and even gave us free cheesecake because it was our anniversary.
We left her a big tip. We left so full we could hardly roll back to our place.
The next day, we got woken up by this:
Complimentary breakfast? Yes please! We even were able to choose our own breakfast. We both got ham and cheese croissants, hot cocoa, and juice. He got apple and I got orange.
When it was time to check out, we went over to the temple (.3 miles away, by Google Maps calculations). For anyone who's keeping track, that's 9 temples for us. While we were in there, we told them it was our first anniversary. They gave us the "multiply and replenish the Earth" talk. I just smiled and said "Thanks!"
Funny story about that... as we were leaving, I was walking out to the front because I had to meet him. I knew he was going to be out front, but I wasn't expecting to see him surrounded by 6 giggling women who looked about the age of his residents. I saw him, and he said, "Well, there she is!" He told me later that they wanted him to drive them to the Brigham City temple open house. He just attracts those women.
We finally got a picture. Unfortunately, our "photographer" was about the age of those same women so he didn't get the whole temple in the picture. But it's fine.
My hair is so long... Just saying.
It's such a beautiful temple!
I love it.
After the temple, we were thinking of other things to do. We drove up to the Utah State campus, but I was immediately confused by how many students were running around. I did get one picture of the tower on campus as we were driving away, however:
We drove there and back through Preston, Idaho. However, it didn't REALLY look like Napoleon Dynamite. Ok, yes it did. But I didn't get any pictures. However, I did get this one:
If you zoom in...
Cool, huh? I thought it was at least. It's right outside of Preston.
Overall, what a great way to spend our first anniversary! We've loved this first year, and I can only hope that the second year is as good as this one. And now it's back to real life... dang it.

No comments:
Post a Comment