Thursday, August 16, 2012

Planning for Our Anniversary

So I just learned that life is funny and has its own way of working out.
I had spent weeks planning an anniversary trip. I had a few criteria for it: I wanted to go to a new temple (per keeping with my photo book of temples). I also wanted to go somewhere that we probably wouldn't go again. We wouldn't be able to leave until the morning of our anniversary, because Brandon was working the night before. So I looked at a lot of places that were within a day's drive.
I had booked the hotel, found the quickest route, and even looked up restaurants and attractions to do while we were there. Our destination? Vernal, Utah. One of the biggest reasons for me wanting to go there was this:
Isn't it beautiful?
Brandon even gave me permission to plan the whole trip, because he learned after the Twin Falls trip incident that I actually do plan fun roadtrips and activities.
We had a budget, and within that budget I was able to find a good little "Country Grub" restaurant and a motel to stay in. Also, Vernal has the largest deposit of Jurassic era fossils in the world. So we had some cool things to look at!
However, last night we realized that driving 7 hours each way was not in our best interest. Also, if we went somewhere that was closer to Rexburg then we could find a better place to stay, better places to eat, and could still go to a temple that we haven't been to.
Where are we going for our anniversary?? You'll see... I don't like posting our trips before we go. But I'm using my investigating skills to make sure that it's fun for us.
And aloha Vernal temple... we will meet again.

2 comments:

  1. and i hate to say this, but driving 7 hours each way to vernal would totally not be worth it. we stopped there on our drive across the country, and i felt like we saw everything after about an hour. phew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we dodged a bullet then... I should have thought to ask you, you're the one who went to all the Utah temples!

    ReplyDelete