So my life has been going pretty well during the day time... but lately I've been having a rough time sleeping.
First of all, I'm a worrier. When I hear about one of my friends or family being sick or hurt (i.e. Brandon having to go to the ER and get 2 bags of fluids from an IV from being so dehydrated from mono), I worry about it for a long time afterwards.
I have had a problem with nightmares lately. Ones about awful things happening to the people I love the most. Things that make me wake up in tears, and things I can't tell anyone about. I'm not quite sure why it happens, but I wake up and try to sing Primary songs, or pray out loud until I can get the feeling of darkness away from my mind. I'm not quite sure how to take care of it, but I know that's why I usually don't sleep through the night, even if it's not a dream that I can remember. I'm so grateful that I have the Gospel, that can help me through these awful episodes. I'm grateful that Brandon knows by now that when I wake him up and say that I had a nightmare that all I need is for him to put his arms out and hug me. And most of all, I'm so grateful when I wake up and realize that those dreams are not true. Because man, they're pretty bad.
I'm guessing this is Satan's way of trying to get to me. I've been really trying to do what is right, and it's when my subconscious takes over that I'm most vulnerable.. So that's why I'm up right now even though I'm so tired. I don't want to sleep.
I just needed to get that out of my system... If you see me and I'm super tired in the mornings, it's probably because I didn't sleep for the entire night. I'll be excited to get these dreams out of my system, but who knows how long that will be.
Don't do that Camille!!! Have you tried meditation? I hope you can knock that off, and get it all out of your head and relax!!! It's just not fair to have to walk around like a zombie, when you don't even have a newborn... you will have plenty of time to be a zombie later on! I love you!
ReplyDeletethat sucks! luckily husbands make having nightmares a little bit easier once you're out of mom and dad's house (i hated them the most at school)
ReplyDelete