I have always loved President Monson. When I was 3 or 4 years old, I wrote him a letter saying I liked his talk in General Conference, and asking if I could come sit in his lap the next session of conference. With much trepidation (I'm sure), my mom sent out the letter. And sure enough, he wrote me back. He told me how he appreciated my letter, and didn't mention if I could sit in his lap.
Needless to say, he had my love from then on.
In every session of conference (as he has been in the First Presidency for as long as I can remember), he has always talked about his sweet wife and how she is an angel. It breaks my heart to think that he won't have her for this short amount of time. But I'm so grateful to know that they were sealed in the temple, and if there was a couple that lived their lives the right way to be together for eternity, it was them. They are an inspiration to us, being married for almost 75 years.
We love President Monson and are praying for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment