Monday, May 27, 2013

Jersey sheets.

Just a little anecdote.
So, one thing that I never knew about before moving to Idaho was the idea of "summer sheets" vs. "winter sheets". It is so blasted cold in the winter that without flannel sheets you may freeze to death before morning. However, between June and August it is nice and warm. You need non flannel sheets or else you sweat to death before morning.
When we got married, we got some green flannel sheets. As it was already starting to get cool in September, we didn't buy any other ones for a while. However, once summer started it was unbearable. I was going on a trip down to Utah with a class and asked Brandon to buy some new sheets for our bed that we could use in the summer. When I got home, Brandon was so excited to show me that he had bought new sheets. He had me close my eyes, and then unveiled them with a great show.

And they. were. hideous. They were GRAY! And not the cute gray that you can get. They looked like the BYUI gym shirts gray. We have a blue and yellow quilt for our bed, so it had nothing to do with the color pattern. Then I laid down on them. And they felt like the gym shirts! Little did I know that there was a new kind of sheet that I had never experienced... jersey sheets.
But, what was I to do?! Brandon was SO excited to show me the sheets... so I just laughed and told him they were excellent.
This morning, Brandon told me, "Hey, maybe we should get new sheets. These aren't doing so well." I said, "THANK GOODNESS. Brandon, I've never liked them." He wasn't offended. And now we have new sheets, that are blue and actually match our quilt.

1 comment:

  1. ha that's way funny! dave would totally pick out something like that too (or teenage mutant ninja turtle sheets if they made them for a king)

    ReplyDelete