Friday, May 17, 2013

Job Hunt comes to a close!

I am feeling super humbled and blessed.
As mentioned... I have been looking for a job. I was just about to give up when I got a call from an elementary school in Ashton Idaho. I was given an interview... and then a call for an interview. But, this past Tuesday I was called by a school in Rexburg. Schools in Rexburg are like the motherload. All those women who have husbands in school want to work in Rexburg. I had already been turned down from about 10 positions in Rexburg, and had given up hope. I agreed to meet with him and interview the next day.
 Through the interview, I was sure to be candid and charming but honest. When they asked what my biggest weakness was, I was ready for an answer. I said my lack of experience, which I hope to remedy in a job. I told them I was a hard worker, and have passion and empathy for the students I work with.
Well, the principal had me step outside for a couple of minutes to talk about if they wanted to hire me. I walked down the hall, and then they called me back. Then, they offered me the job on the spot. He asked if I needed time to think about it, and I said absolutely.

I decided to take my talents to Rexburg, because a 4 mile commute will be a dream. I will also be teaching Title 1, which is a reading intervention that is before Special Education. I will have 2 aides, one of whom has been there for 10 years. Thank goodness, I will need the help!

I am so grateful for all the prayers and support. My parents and grandparents on all sides have been praying for me nonstop, and many friends and other family members have been as well. Brandon has talked me off a couple of ledges during this job hunt. He is excited to have, in his words, "A sugar mama". I said live it up for the year or so that I'm teaching, because after that it's allllll him.


I'm going to be a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment