Thursday, June 13, 2013

Grateful.

I've been feeling particularly grateful for my husband lately. Maybe it's because whenever something bad happens in the world, I start thinking a lot. Or maybe it's because I don't have anything to do with my time except think. I've also been looking through our old pictures, so I've shared a few with you.
(one of my favorite pictures, from 3 years ago!)
I know every guy says they married up, but I think it's just the opposite here. Brandon is such an example to me in every way, and he is so wonderful to not rub that in my face every day.
Here are a couple things I bet you didn't (or did) know about him:
- Brandon is excellent at sports trivia. He loves looking at stats after he finishes a project, and learns so much. Even with hockey, which amazed me.
- He is probably the only person in the world who could not only convince me, but make me think it was my idea, to run a half marathon. I did corner him later though, and he said he didn't plan on making me.
- His mellowness sometimes drives me crazy, but it also comes in handy. When I am upset about something, he takes his time before he answers or talks.
- He is hardworking. I don't think anyone can argue with that. He may not be working nights anymore (thank GOODNESS), but he is still juggling an internship, job, and filling out his P.A. applications. And he still does it with less angst and anxiety than I could do my student teaching.
-Believe it or not, he is SASSY. We've got a little sassafras right here. He has a good sense of humor and is quick witted. We've started to sass each other the same way, and I don't know who started it, but he definitely stands his own ground.
-And, most importantly, he will always always always forgive me. I'm still kicking myself that his birthday this year was bad. But for all I know, he has completely forgotten about it. Until he reads it here, and then hopefully he won't be mad again. He even went out of his way to make sure I have a wonderful birthday this year in TWO AND A HALF MONTHS.
I don't know what I did in this life to deserve someone like this, who loves me unconditionally much more than I deserve. I still can't think of a single thing. But I do know that I'm going to try for the rest of time to live up to the way he views me, and be worthy of him. He puts up with my 'tude, and apologizes way more than he needs to. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment