Today the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act, which in turn struck down Proposition 8. It's too bad, that the world is really starting to turn this way.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765632897/LDS-Church-responds-to-Supreme-Court-decisions-on-gay-marriage.html
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765632897/LDS-Church-responds-to-Supreme-Court-decisions-on-gay-marriage.html
I'm just putting it out there, I am NEVER going to stop supporting the sanctity of marriage. I will always tell my children that it is to be between a man and a woman. I know it's going to be an uphill battle, as the world continues in this direction.
But let's be honest, marriage is going out of style anyways. People get married just for the heck of it, and get divorced when it gets difficult. Having children out of marriage is not just heard of, it's celebrated now. If I could change things, I would make sure that every woman who has a child will have a faithful and loving husband. No children would know the pain of having their parents separate and get divorced. When people get married, they actually feel like it will be for forever. I know it's an idealist way of thinking, but it sure would be a nice way to live.
Until everyone feels this way, I will continue to defend marriage in its purest form. We have a celestial marriage, and we will teach our children to strive for it as well.

i totally agree!!
ReplyDeletegreat post camille!
ReplyDelete