Saturday, June 15, 2013

Week 1 of Training

Miles Run: 15.1
Monday Average Mile: 18:40 (yikes)
Saturday Average Mile: 12:40 (much better)

So, it's a little embarrassing how slow I started. I did 3 miles in just under an hour. By today, I was running 4 miles in that time. I've liked trying to beat my time. The hardest part is getting out there... I always get nervous that I'll die after a couple hundred feet.
The hardest part while running is finding a way to breathe properly. My nose is so small that I can't breathe through it enough to get the right amount of oxygen. So, I breathe through my mouth. When I do, my throat hurts bad.
Best song of the week? "Scream" from High School Musical 3. I run hard when that song comes on, and I don't even know why. Thank you, Zac Efron, for powering me through the last few runs. Here it is, if you haven't heard it.

Then there was the time I ran the wrong way on a trail, and ended up who knows where... but even though it wasn't EXACTLY 4 miles, I'm counting it. I ran it!

My goal is to run the Color Fun Run 5K with an average time of under 11 minutes. I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment