We had an eventful weekend. While everyone else in the world was out running races, we were taking care of Rachel and Cody's puppy Teddy. He's super cute, and CRAZY. They're training him well.
He clearly has a favorite... he wouldn't leave Brandon's side when he was there. He even went over to our room when Brandon was doing online homework and started whining.
We took him on long walks (all the way to Porter Park, about 1/4 mile from our house), and wore him out. These two...
Saturday was a nice warm day. We headed on over to Lake Rigby, then with our friend Jared to a demolition derby. It was the MOST redneck thing I've ever been to, but it was great!
I guess it wasn't a "traditional" demolition derby, but it was pretty intense. I realized that driving like this would be an awesome stress reliever. Because when you're coming close to someone, you can just smash them! I knew that if I did this, that would be the kind of driver I would be.
So right behind the car that is on its side are 2 huge tires filled with dirt. It's what the drivers are supposed to go around, and he just got a little bit too close and went up on 2 wheels and over. When the car flipped, everyone started screaming and cheering. It was such a mob mentality moment.
And then everyone jumped out to push the car upright.
This was CRAZY. So many of the cars hit each other head on, but when this car was hit it just burst into flames. Everyone started screaming again, and pulled out their phones and cameras to get pictures. Unfortunately, I could only see it through 2 beams so this was the best shot I got.
So many of the tires were either flying off or close to flying off during the races... it was intense. At one point an entire wheel came off- not just the tire but everything. That car won the race.
We also had the water truck that allowed the cars to get stuck a lot more.
It was way more fun than I expected. There was a lot of mud, a lot of screaming, a lot of crunches (of metal, not humans), and even a fire. By the end of the races, I was up on my feet screaming "GO! GO! GO! KILL! KILL! SET THEM ON FIRE!" I'm not ashamed. It was something we wanted to do before we left Rexburg, so check!










No comments:
Post a Comment