So I haven't blogged in a while... the last few weeks have been pretty rough. I taught preschool twice in a week, and had three major meltdowns. One of the days was a two-teacher day, where I was the lead teacher and only had one other teacher in the room. It was AWFUL. I've never wanted to quit my major so badly. Brandon had no idea what to do with me, because he had never seen me like that.
However, it's over. My life is no longer ending, and I no longer feel like a failure. I have a 92% in my preschool class, which I did not think was possible after all the negative feedback.
I definitely need to work on getting negative feedback. Some people may not like what I do with my work, and that's ok. I need to not take it personally. I know people are not victimizing me when they tell me what I should work on, and it doesn't mean I'm a failure.
The important thing is that I have a good family, good friends, a wonderful husband, and I'm still doing well in the hardest classes of my semester. Possibly my whole college career.
And, I've got a super cute preschool class. I get to teach them about keeping our bodies clean on Wednesday... Because they don't know how to properly wash their hands or keep their mouths covered when they cough and sneeze. I hope to instill a little fear into them about germs. I wish I could put pictures up of my class, but confidentiality laws or whatever keeps me from doing that. I actually feel like I could handle a preschool lesson by myself. I know I'm not the worst preschool teacher ever, so that makes me feel good.
AND, the semester ends in a week and a half! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
i loved this book for when we did germs in one of my preschool classes http://www.amazon.com/WASH-HANDS-Little-Princess-Books/dp/1933605030 it's way cute and funny
ReplyDelete