Sunday, February 26, 2012

From the Mouths of Babes

I'm working in the preschool for one of my classes. And as a teacher, I hear so many funny things that children say every day. I just thought I would share a few: (I can't put the children's names on here for confidentiality reasons, but you'll get the point)
Teacher: There are types of dogs that have jobs.
Girl: Doggies don't have JOBS!
Boy: I never even knew that before.

Me: Squirrels don't have blankets when they sleep, so they use their tails as a blanket to keep themselves warm.
Boy: Teacher, teacher!
Me: Yes?
Boy: I'm going to make blankets for all the squirrels and bring them to their homes so they can have blankets while they sleep.

Me: The animal I'm talking about has a BIG tail. Everyone pat their tails!
Girl: We don't have tails, we have butts.
Other children (almost in unison): Bums! Bums! We have BUMS!

Me: Do you need help going to the bathroom?
Girl: No, it's a yittle potty. And I can do it because I'm THREE!

(Looking at the tarantula)
Boy: It has a big bump on its bottom!!

(Playing with the guinea pigs)
Girl: I want to hold the kitty piggies!

More coming later. Enjoy!

1 comment: