President's Day weekend was fun, but far too short. We were just reminiscing about how it was a year ago that Brandon asked my dad if he could marry me (I'll post about that later).
My last class ended at about 4:30 PM on Friday, and I took off as soon as I could. I only had Mikey Edwards in the car with me, as Brandon had to work Friday night. I wanted to get there as soon as possible, in order to go to Tanner Coleman's wedding reception. I'm so excited for Tanner, he really is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and deserves only the best. His new wife, Alyse, is super sweet. It was great to see so many cousins there, and see my family again. I should have brought my camera in, but I forgot because I just wanted to be at the reception for as long as possible.
Brandon came down on Saturday, and we went to the temple to be with Austin when he went in for the first time. It was great, the Mount Timpanogos temple is GORGEOUS! I'm proud of Austin and all the great decisions he is making. He leaves in 3 months and a week, and I am so excited for him! Going to the temple with the people that I love the most is great.
I wasn't smart enough to realize that if we stepped away from the temple, we could get more of the temple in the picture. Oh well, it went in my photo album!
We had dinner at IHOP, as seems to be the tradition in my family. Someone told them that someone was going on a mission, and they brought a free sundae over. To Bennett. The married one, who was sitting with his wife. It was pretty funny, especially when Bennett went along with it. Poor Austin got ignored. But we had a good time, and got to see Klane and Llilli with most of their boys!
Afterwards, we spent the night with Brandon's cousins Stuart and Heidi. I fell asleep on the couch, so I didn't take any pictures.
Sunday we went to Church with Austin, and went to Temple Square to see the scale model of the Salt Lake temple. I recommend it to everyone! It's amazing, and I can't wait to go inside someday when we are able to.
Afterwards we went to both of my grandparent's house, and it was great to see everyone! I got a few pictures:
The other newly married couple in the family... Bennett and Jazz!
The lovely Gracie Coleman, she is going to be such a great missionary in Ventura California when she goes in May!
The weekend was much too short, but it was great too. I can't wait to see everyone again!
i can't believe austin is leaving for a mission so soon! time goes way too fast.
ReplyDelete