Wednesday, February 8, 2012

That awkward moment when...

So here is another part of our history... 2 years ago.
So I was interviewing someone for a paper I had to write, and I got a text from my cute home teacher Brandon saying "Hey want to go to a karaoke bar?" So I got one of my roommates, and we went with Brandon and one of his roommates. And I have to say, it was pretttty sketchy. Brandon and his roommate Lehi sang "Angel" by Shaggy. That was the first time I had really seen his personality (which I now see all day ever day), and it was pretty funny. Then, my roommate and I got up and sang "Wannabe" by Spice Girls. They didn't have the best selection. On our way home, I decided the night was not going to end there (forget the paper I had to write). So as soon as he dropped off his roommate at some girl's apartment, I hopped in the front seat and said, "So what are we doing next?" So we decided to go grab "the Dark Knight" from my apartment and watch it at his apartment. Which, by the way, was one of my favorite movies AND one of his favorite movies. Wow, could this get better? (Yes.)
During the movie, I was super nervous. Brandon and I were doing the whole "We're too nervous to do anything about this" thing, so we were sitting super closely but not quite touching. And, naturally, Brandon's roommate was sitting on the arm of the couch so that kind of killed the mood a little. My legs were starting to hurt from being tensed up the whole time, so I shifted my weight. Right then, Brandon put his arm around my waist. Super tightly. I panicked for a second, but in that good way you do when a cute guy makes the first move. However, the arm behind the waist thing was not that comfortable, so I let him hold my hand instead.
On the way out to the parking lot, I was wondering what was going to happen. Remember, two nights prior he had given me a high five goodnight. But as we had just held hands, I figured it was probably safe to assume it was a hug type of night. When he hugged me, however, he pulled back for just a second, and kissed me on the cheek so so lightly that I hardly felt it. But my cheek burned where he had kissed me, probably because my face was turning red as a tomato. Brandon probably want to smooth things over, so he said what first popped into his head... "There's a little goodnight kiss for you. Goodnight!" I replied something along the lines of "Ummmmmmmmmm..." and stumbled home.

Brandon's going to be embarrassed when he knows I told that story, but it's funny! And it did keep me interested... I mean it was the first day he had really let me know that he was interested. And so I kept thinking about it.
(I'm just posting random pictures so that there's at least something to look at with the stories.)

3 comments: