I had a startling realization last night.
It's been 4 years since I graduated high school... which is as long as I spent there.
All those friends that I thought I'd never part from? I haven't seen most of them since Grad Nite.
And I certainly had always planned on seeing my favorite teachers at least once in the last 4 years... I guess that never happened.
High school was so traumatizing for me... I thought college could never get more exciting.
I got my license, first car accident, and first (and only) time getting pulled over within a year.
I got my license, first car accident, and first (and only) time getting pulled over within a year.
I definitely learned how to pick a good guy. Oh wait, no I didn't. I learned how to pick the WRONG guy. But, there were some fun times.
I was just thinking about all the concerts I went to, my annual pass at Disneyland, and how many times my heart got broken in high school. I had so many fun times in high school chorus, and made a lot of friends that I won't forget any time soon.
I rotated through groups of friends every year of high school, which made leaving more easy.
I rotated through groups of friends every year of high school, which made leaving more easy.
So anyways, realizing I've been out of high school as long as I've been in high school made me start thinking what I've been doing with my life.
There have been 4 Halloweens:
Power Ranger.
Sandy from "Grease".
Trophy wife.
Newsie.
I've traveled to another country, and had a life changing experience:
This was my favorite class to teach ever. Little Piedra, the one in my lap, broke my heart when I left.
I've made so many friends up here I can't imagine how I went on with only friends from Irvine. And I love my friends from Irvine, so that's saying something.
And my crowning achievement of the last 4 years?
Obviously. Over half the time I've spent graduated has been with this guy... which was good so that I could stop being such a crazy little girl and grow up a little bit.
I am glad that I left Irvine. I wanted so badly to get out and see other parts of the country, and it's safe to say that I did. I know that there are people who were happy with their lives in Irvine, and that's perfectly fine. I do wish I could have kept better contact with people from high school, but it's safe to say that I live a different lifestyle from everyone else. I never lived with my husband before I married him, I've never drank alcohol, and I don't go to casinos. It's fine, just not what I do.
I'm watching where my friends are going. Some are in bands, either famous or getting there. Some are going international (Like Katharine in Vietnam?! So cool!). Others are getting married and graduating college. It's so cool, I love this.
Remember this?? So cute.
There have been 4 Halloweens:
Power Ranger.
Sandy from "Grease".
Trophy wife.
Newsie.
I've traveled to another country, and had a life changing experience:
This was my favorite class to teach ever. Little Piedra, the one in my lap, broke my heart when I left.
I've made so many friends up here I can't imagine how I went on with only friends from Irvine. And I love my friends from Irvine, so that's saying something.
And my crowning achievement of the last 4 years?
Obviously. Over half the time I've spent graduated has been with this guy... which was good so that I could stop being such a crazy little girl and grow up a little bit.
I am glad that I left Irvine. I wanted so badly to get out and see other parts of the country, and it's safe to say that I did. I know that there are people who were happy with their lives in Irvine, and that's perfectly fine. I do wish I could have kept better contact with people from high school, but it's safe to say that I live a different lifestyle from everyone else. I never lived with my husband before I married him, I've never drank alcohol, and I don't go to casinos. It's fine, just not what I do.
I'm watching where my friends are going. Some are in bands, either famous or getting there. Some are going international (Like Katharine in Vietnam?! So cool!). Others are getting married and graduating college. It's so cool, I love this.
Remember this?? So cute.
In short, I am proud of how I've grown in 4 years. I may not be graduated just yet, but I'm getting there and I've been working my tail off in order to get to this point. Afterwards, Brandon and I are moving out from Rexburg and starting our new life. In our next chapter, it's completely unknown but I'm sure I will make more friends that I will want to keep in contact with.



No comments:
Post a Comment