So Bill Cosby came to Rexburg. Yes, THE Bill Cosby. It was the only famous thing to happen in Rexburg since pretty much ever, so the tickets sold out in about 15 minutes. They started with just one night, but expanded it to two, then three nights. We were too lazy to stand in line for the tickets, so we just pushed it out of our minds.
Fast forward to Sunday night. Brandon gets a text that one of our friends' roommates was trying to sell two tickets, and she said we could have them if we wanted. So we took them! We may have been lazy the first time around, but we're not dumb.
Man, it was a great night. I can't even retell the jokes, because it just wouldn't be right the way I would tell them. But it was so funny, he still has it at 75 years old. His facial expressions were classic, and I couldn't recreate it for anything. However, I did get some pictures...
I want one of those sweatshirts.
Describing his 6 year old brain.
The pompous parents who had such smart kids.
As he was leaving. We were hoping for a Cosby dance.
He told stories about himself, his family, getting "beaten" as a child, his underdeveloped brain as a child, sending his first daughter to college, and my favorite was-
"When I would do something bad, my grandma would say, 'God bless your little heart.' It's not like God said 'Here, have a little heart. Bless, bless, bless." I laughed SO much! I just wanted to record this for later, otherwise we might not remember it later.
That sounds fun... I guess there is still hope that he will come to Reno if he made it all of the way to Rexburg! :)
ReplyDelete