So I've been working on a blanket for Austin's mission... it's definitely been a big piece of work. I bought the pattern for $5 off Ebay. It took 6 skeins of yarn, which equals over a mile of yarn.
It's been so much fun, but I think my hands are about to fall off!
(1/4 of the way done... 40 rows down.)
50 rows down.
75 rows down.
85 rows down, more than halfway!
100 rows down, 60 to go.
On Mother's Day, I was talking to my mom about the blanket on speaker phone. I told her it wasn't going to be square, but proportionately like a flag. Austin yelled in the background, "I'll use it as a towel!" ... I'm so glad he appreciates all the work I'm putting into this.
110 rows done, only 50 to go!
June 9... I finally got the blanket done! I just need to make a border and sew in the ends that are on the back.
It's been so fun, and it's my first completed blanket! I'll make sure that Austin takes a picture of it when he gets it... We're going to mail it to him when he gets to Montreal so that he doesn't take up half his suitcase with the blanket. But it's really warm and I'm sure it will keep him warm in the Canada winters!









That nut, I bet he really won't use it as a towel and tresure the amazing gift from his thoughtful sister.
ReplyDelete