I got this ideal from Nienie, who is one of my favorite blogs to read. She came up with this idea of what she wants people to know about her after meeting her for only a minute. I think that if people only met me for a minute, I'd want them to know:
- I love my sisters and my mom, in addition to my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law. They're great, and I love spending time with them. I love my whole family, but there's just something about sister time that's different from everything else.
- I'm grateful for my brothers, brothers in law, etc.etc. I love knowing that I have such solid men in our lives, and great examples of what marriage should be from our sets of parents.
(Even when they squish my hair... COLE.)
-I'm a dedicated wife to my husband (of all of 15 months tomorrow). We are learning to really rely on each other in our hard times, and he is great.
-I love my religion. Lately I've been spending too much time wondering how it looks at from an outsider's view (especially a skeptic), which is discouraging because the only answer I could come up with was "weird". But, the other day I had an epiphany. Who cares?! It's my church, and my Gospel. I want to share it with everyone in the world, but if they think it's too weird to take a second look I can't do anything about that.
- I love my potential careers, and want to make the world a better place.
- When all else fails, I just smile and try to move on.
Most importantly: I'M A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. I strive to live it every day, and hope that when people meet me for just a minute they can see that I am something different (and in a good way.)
So, that's the gist of it. Nienie's so much more eloquent than me, but I've been thinking about that for a while.



No comments:
Post a Comment