Today, I'm thankful for my body.
I've grown up in a religion that teaches me to respect my body. That's why we have the rules like the Word of Wisdom, where we learn the best ways to eat and drink, or what not to eat and drink. That's why I'm still 22+ years sober, and not going to change that anytime soon. I feel for those people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol, but I'm grateful that my upbringing has helped me to not have to make that choice.
In addition, we have learned about not getting tattoos or excessive piercings. It's something that I'm glad I will not get judged on, because people don't go to most job interviews to be told "Oh, you have too few tattoos, sorry." I know a lot of my friends who have tattoos, and I still love them and know that their tattoos usually have a lot of significance. It's just a decision I decided a long time ago to not have to make. They teach us to dress modestly, to give our body the sanctity that it deserves. Anything to do with health, our religion covers. And it makes sense.
Sometimes my body doesn't treat me very well... like the fact that I'm currently on a regimen to lose the 15 or so pounds a certain medication gave me. (stay posted for pictures of before and after). However, as I work with children who have less mental and physical mobility than I do, I appreciate what I have been given and know can be taken away at any minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment