Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful List 2012- Day 2

Today, I'm choosing to be thankful for kindergarten teachers.
If that seems like an odd request, then next year go work in a kindergarten classroom the day before and the day after Halloween.  Honestly, I've never respected a teacher so much after doing that.
The day before Halloween, I taught a lesson on the election. Yeah that was a joke. All they wanted to do was talk about their costumes. They weren't trying to be bad, but after 20 minutes of my professor observing me doing "head, shoulders, knees and toes" to get them under control, I couldn't help but want to cry a little bit. THEN the teacher told me pink eye was going around. That made me super paranoid and scrub off 6 layers of my skin when I got home.
The worst part? I couldn't even be there on Halloween and see all the cute costumes!
The day after Halloween, if at all possible, was worse. The kids were all on a sugar hangover of epic proportions. My favorite thing was a girl who cried for the ENTIRE day. She cried when she couldn't (or didn't want to) glue the clothes on her popsicle stick scarecrow. She threw herself on the ground and cried for the entire recess (we have no idea why). She laid on the ground and cried for the entire time after that. My teacher was inspired to pull her out of the classroom and finally ask her what was going on. I was just ignoring her on the ground, and stepping over her. Once the teacher figured out "the real reason", which we all know is NEVER the real reason but just something that they want, she was able to help her out. I came home and laid on the couch for a while. Thank heavens for kind teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment