Today I'm thankful for "nice".
What's "nice"?
Well, my mom has always taught us that it doesn't matter who we are or who we marry as long as they're "nice". Of course, there are other factors to consider, but I'm glad that I listened to that.
When I was in high school, I thought it was more important to be cool. I was not always as nice as I could have been. Now, I cringe at the bridges I most likely have burned. I've been working on doing something nice every day for someone. I think it's helping me repent of my former sins.
I found the best person I could have to marry, and he is SO nice.
I have such good examples of people who are eternally nice in my great extended family, that there's no way I could live with myself if I was not trying as hard as I could to live up to that name that I have.
This may not make a lot of sense, but to me it does. "Nice" really is what counts when it comes down to it. And I have my mom to thank for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment