Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful List 2012- Day 5

I was going to post this tomorrow, but I think I should do it today.
Today, I am thankful for my beliefs and convictions. As tomorrow is the national election, I get to vote. My beliefs aren't especially popular, especially with the issues. But that's the beauty of this country. Even if other people don't like your beliefs and opinions, you still have a say in the election process.
I will never turn back on what I believe. I can say it here, because this is my blog and I can monitor what people comment. I will always love this Church that I have had the blessing of being raised in. It has taught me to stand up for and do what it takes to protect the family. I will always believe that life is precious, and that it should not be wasted.
I've been called a "bigot", "hater", "judgmental", and other unpleasant names by the very people who accuse me of being intolerant. They tell me that I would rather have things my way than allow people their "fundamental civil rights". To that, I say... Umm, isn't that what our country's for? Of course I'd rather have things go my way. You are doing the same. We just have different opinions on where fundamental civil rights begin and end.
I've always been a fighter for what I believe. Mormons were not super popular in my high school, especially once everyone decided they were on the very liberal side of politics. It hasn't changed much.
Also, I will not be voting for Obama tomorrow. And it's not even that Romney's a Mormon. It's that with gas prices up so high, Brandon and I are spending 70% of our income on gas for our 2 cars. It's that my two awesome sisters-in-law are underemployed, even with their college degrees. It's that I feel like the world is falling apart, and I want to do what it takes to ensure that this country at least has a fighting chance to recover from these last few years, so that my kids will have a fighting chance at succeeding in the future. 
Go Mitt!

No comments:

Post a Comment